Colleen Deegan’s (Certified Pre-Owned) program for sellers is designed to maximize your selling potential. It is a simple 3 step process but does require a little initial investment. Selling your home as a CPO home gives the buyers peace of mind and saves a lot of time and potential problems that could happen during the sale. Think about it, if you were a buyer, wouldn’t you prefer to buy a home that you know upfront is a great deal, has little to no problems, and is a certified great deal? Car companies use this method to sell cars all the time. Why not use the same method for your biggest financial asset too? My Certified Pre-Owned Home seller program is a 3 step process.
- STEP 1 – INSPECTION
- STEP 2 – APPRAISAL
- STEP 3 – HOME WARRANTY
Step 1: Inspection
The average home inspection turns up 15+ items that need repair. In a normal deal you and the buyers would have to renegotiate the agreement. In a normal deal this is what typically happens.
- Most buyer’s agents will request a licensed contractor to make any repairs.
- The buyers could choose to back out of the deal. Leaving you back at square one.
- They will choose to ask for an average of $2,000 – $4,000 as a credit for the buyer to make the repairs.
And these are the perks of Colleen Deegan’s CPO Program.
- My sellers spend an average of $500 fixing issues upfront, or they are handy and make minor repairs themselves.
- Buyers will have peace of mind and will also be happy that they don’t have to spend $300-500 on a home inspection.
- By taking care of the issues upfront when the home is listed, you avoid the re-negotiation process and minimize your contingencies. Less contingencies means you get to the closing table faster, with less speed bumps in the process.
The cost of having the inspection done can range from around $300-500 depending on the size of the home.
Step 2: Appraisal
One of the worst things that can happen in a Real Estate transaction is if your home does not appraise for at least the amount you are asking. When this happens, you have to lower your price or you could lose the deal if the buyers are getting financing. You see, banks won’t lend to the buyer if the house does not appraise for the right value. So getting an appraisal done up front provides you a very accurate value of your home, and the chances of the home not appraising when the bank does there’s is extremely unlikely. The cost of an appraisal is determined by the size of the home/property. It usually varies between $350-$600
Step 3 : Home Warranty
A home warranty is a 1 year protection plan that transfers to the buyers at the point of sale. The warranty will cover the repair or replacement of a lot of your homes system components, and appliances that can break down over time. Think about it like buying a new car, we all love good warranties right? Same thing goes for a house. The best thing about this plan is that it can be paid at closing, so the costs don’t come out up front, and you as the seller are protected while your home is on the market. Some of the benefits of a home warranty are:
- Seller is covered for most things that can fail during the time the home is listed.
- Buyers get peace of mind when buying a home that has a home warranty. The first year of owning a home can be a tight time.
- Service calls are quick, simple, and you get access to the best contractors to do the repairs.
- And most of all, if something drastic were to happen during the selling process such as the heat pump failing, or the refrigerator stops working. The warranty gives you the seller peace of mind because something like that could be a big blow to your budget.
Home warranties cost anywhere between $350-500 depending on the level of package you want, and the type of home.
Benefits of Colleen’s CPO Program
- Sellers that use my unique CPO program normally get their home sold faster, and for more money.
- Sellers can rest easy knowing that they are selling a home that will have less possible contingencies during the selling process. Less contingencies means you will close faster, and have less speed bumps along the way.
- The initial investment in this CPO program can save you the seller thousands in the end result.
- Buyers agents prefer to show their buyers CPO homes because it means less possibilities for something to go wrong, and it also means their buyers will be getting a great deal. Buyers also prefer CPO as well, I mean who wouldn’t right?
- A CPO home absolutely crushes the competition. Your home will present the best value in comparison to the properties you are competing against. This means buyers will be attracted to your home, vs your neighbors.